Crossing the Pond (Official WBR UK Launch)
The Ride of the Falling Rain | The Tweed Run
It's official. World Bicycle Relief has successfully registered for charitable status in the United Kingdom! The ever increasing number of WBR supporters world wide have made this exciting growth possible.
The pioneering efforts of both individual and corporate UK supporters have set the foundation upon which we are excited to build a strong and fruitful presence. The following pioneers demonstrate just a portion of the incredible generosity of the people of the UK:
- British Cyclocross National Champion, Helen Wyman, raised funds by selling one of her Kona race bikes via an eBay auction
- Brian Palmer has now listed World Bicycle Relief as the official charity benefactor of Ride of the Falling Rain in Scotland for two years in a row
- The hi-viz experts, Proviz, donate a portion of every sale to World Bicycle Relief
- The Tweed Run in London welcomes a bit of World Bicycle Relief safari flare to its standard tweed attire
- Isla Bikes donates a percentage of its profit to World Bicycle Relief on a quarterly basis
It is because of WBR enthusiasts such as these that residents of the UK will now be able to provide bicycles to students in rural Africa with the benefits of a tax deduction through the World Bicycle Relief Virgin Money Giving Page.
To celebrate and kick off the launch of World Bicycle Relief UK, founder FK Day will be speaking at an informal gathering in London on Wednesday, February 22 at the cycling café Look Mum No Hands from 4-5:30 p.m. Day will discuss WBR’s Bicycles for Educational Empowerment Program (BEEP) and the life changing impact bicycles are creating in the developing world. We welcome and encourage anyone who is able, to join us for this special celebration in the history of World Bicycle Relief!
For questions on how to get involved with World Bicycle Relief UK please contact Rebecca Much at email@example.com