Here are 5 reasons why you should fundraise during Bike Month (U.S.) and join our Year of the Bicycle rally:
1) YOU WILL MOBILIZE PEOPLE TO CHANGE THEIR WORLD.
In rural parts of the developing world, distance is a barrier to basic human needs including water, education, healthcare and jobs. For many people in these regions, the only transportation option is walking. By fundraising, you will be providing fundamental mobility to change their lives of students, healthcare workers and entrepreneurs.
2) YOU WILL BE JOINING A PASSIONATE COMMUNITY WHO ARE MAKING A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.
If you haven’t seen our video yet, take a peek at the amazing group of individuals who have helped make our work possible over the past ten years. Whether you’re 5 or 95— into bikes or baking— YOU can make a difference. Get creative and start your fundraiser today to provide The Power of Bicycles to those who need it most.
3) It’s a Win-Win for You.
You know that the ultimate reward for fundraising with us is to mobilize people and help them change their lives through The Power of Bicycles. Thanks to the generous support of our partners, you can be eligible for the following prizes by activating your page during our Year of the Bicycle campaign in May:
- Week 1: Nutrition and Hydration Bag: Feedzone Table Cookbook, Skratch Nutrition/Hydration product, Untapped Maple Nutrition, and WBR Water bottles.
- Week 2: WBR Swag Bag: WBR socks, hats, t-shirt, water bottle, jersey bin, stem cap, and musette bag.
- Week 3: Coffee Pack: Equator Coffee and two WBR espresso cups.
- Week 4: Final Prize: World Bicycle Relief Kit.
4) The More You Raise, The Greater Your Chance of Winning.
By activating your fundraising page, you will be eligible to win some amazing prizes from our partners. For every bike you raise, you’ll have another entry to win. For every additional bike you raise, you’ll have another entry to win. One winner will be drawn each week.
5) You have the fundraising tools you need to get started.
Want to send out social media messages? Want to write your friends to ask for support? Here are the May Campaign tools to help you reach your goal. What are you waiting for?