You’re incredible! During our Wheels in the Field: Malawi campaign this July, you helped raise enough for 3,990 more bicycles for Malawian students – far exceeding our goal of 3,400!
These bicycles are more than a means of transportation for the boys and girls of rural Malawi. They also will contribute to safer travels, greater access to education, a potential source of income and the potential for a brighter future.
Among our amazing supporters this July
- Backroads, citizenM Hotels, HireEducation and QuadLock all contributed to fund our 1:1 match this July. We appreciate how much our corporate partners do to support The Power of Bicycles!
- Tom Chishholm, Paul and Holly Freestone, the Kaczynski Family and a small group of anonymous donors all generously added to our match funding. Thank you!
- Congratulations to the World Bicycle Relief Women’s Team, all of whom successfully completed the entire 100-mile route of Ride London, despite the rainy weather. Riding alongside GCN’s Emma Pooley on the day – who completed the event on a Buffalo Bicycle – they raised more than £14,000 on their first-ever century ride and sportive! Well done!
- A group of 38 Techbikers Germany riders from the European tech start-up scene cycled 400 km from Poznan, Poland, to Berlin, Germany. For three days, they closed their laptops, got on bicycles to help mobilize students in rural Africa – and raised more than 50,000 EUR! Ride on, Techbikers!
- And a big thank you to our partner this July, FHI 360. The partnership’s integrated approach will holistically address a range of factors contributing to HIV rates in Malawi.
Thank you again to our dedicated community of supporters. Because of your support, thousands of students in Malawi will have the opportunity to transform their lives.
Didn’t get a chance to donate in July? You can still make a difference!