World Bicycle Relief is thrilled to be an official charity of the 2019 Bank of America Chicago Marathon!
This Chicago Marathon is one of six Abbott World Marathon Majors, and an experience of a lifetime! On October 13, 2019, runners from 50 states and more than 100 countries will travel through 27 neighborhoods on a flat and fast course that starts and finishes in Grant Park. More than 1.7 million spectators will line the course to cheer you on!
Choose to make your Chicago Marathon experience even more meaningful by running on behalf of World Bicycle Relief. With every step you take and every dollar you raise, you can help provide life-changing Buffalo Bicycles to students in rural Africa. By joining Team WBR, you will be mobilizing students through the Power of Bicycles!
Benefits for joining Team WBR for the Chicago Marathon include:
- Entry: guaranteed race entry into the 2019 Bank of America Chicago Marathon!
- Community: join a global team of athletes using their sport and voices to share the Power of Bicycles
- Fundraising Support: personalized fundraising page and fundraising tools to help you reach your goal
- Team Spirit: Learn about training programs, join us for team dinners and a tour of our office, and celebrate at the finish line!
- Impact: By joining Team WBR, more students will have a means to school as well as a path to a brighter future!
- Swag: WBR t-shirt and more!
As a member of the team you are expected to:
- Make a fundraising commitment of $1,470 (10 Buffalo Bicycles) or more.
- Be at least 16-years-old on race day.
- Finish the race in less than six hours.
- Be an ambassador of the Power of Bicycles!
World Bicycle Relief will have 10 guaranteed entries for the 2019 Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
Applications will open at 10 a.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Tuesday, Oct 23. Applications will close at 2 p.m. (U.S. Central Time) on Thursday, Nov. 29.