Recently, we spoke with World Bicycle Relief leaders on Facebook Live from our headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. We asked them to talk about the future of bicycles and the future of World Bicycle Relief. Answering your questions were WBR Cofounder and CEO, F.K. Day, WBR President, Dave Neiswander and WBR’s new Vice President-Africa, Adema Sangale. As you joined the conversation and shared your insightful questions, we tossed them to F.K., Dave, and Adema to answer.
Here are just some of the questions that they addressed:
- What does the future have in store for bicycles? How will World Bicycle Relief’s work align with that future?
- Where do you foresee future innovations in bicycle distribution or program models?
- How do you foresee World Bicycle Relief’s social enterprise strategy evolving?
- Where do you foresee future innovations in the Buffalo Bicycle design?
- What goals do you have for the organization?
- What challenges do you foresee as you pursue these bold goals?
- When will you feel that World Bicycle Relief’s work is complete?
Check out the video above to see the full live interview. Make sure to tune in each month as we continue bringing you updates from our leadership team and from our staff in the field.
Year of the Bicycle
World Bicycle Relief’s goal over the next ten years is to provide millions of quality bicycles to individuals in developing countries. This is a bold goal and we are committed to making it happen, but we need you.
We believe that mobility is fundamental to breaking the cycle of poverty. With mobility, people are empowered to make new economies and move forward. By providing bicycles and cycling infrastructure, you create opportunity, independence, and joy.
Follow and Share
Please follow us on social media, or subscribe through email to receive our #YearoftheBicycle updates and share the celebration with your communities. You’ll enjoy live streams from the field, interactive stories, and interviews with program leaders and product development staff.
Join the Movement
Use your passion, creativity, and skills to fundraise this #YearoftheBicycle. Whether you’re a baker, biker, or ballet dancer, you can engage your community to support your efforts and make a world of difference. By fundraising for World Bicycle Relief, you will empower others to move forward boldly on two wheels.