In past years, we’ve had some truly bold goals – and results – on #GivingTuesday.
With an unstoppable community behind World Bicycle Relief in 2017, we once again set an ambitious goal for #GivingTuesday: raising funds for 1,400 bicycles. And thanks to your generosity and hard work, we surpassed our mark with 1,617 (and still counting!) Buffalo Bicycles for students. With our 1:1 match, more than 3,200 lives will be transformed with the Power of Bicycles! Your generosity will truly help students and their families rise above barriers and pursue their dreams.
Here are some of the many individuals and groups who rallied their communities to help us reach our #GivingTuesday goal in 2017:
- Active travel agency Backroads continued its yearlong quest to donate $100,000 to The Power of Bicycles with a generous $26,000 gift this #GivingTuesday. And we loved seeing Trip Leader Vincent Soyer’s footage from his recent participation in Field Trip: Zambia!
- Global Cycling Network, which launched its fundraising campaign on #GivingTuesday, is determined to double the funds it raised in 2016. This year, GCN wants to provide at least 300 bicycles to students. And if they hit the £25,000 goal, presenters Si and Matt will ride 4km through London in nothing but Speedos. As of Wednesday, the GCN community had already funded 125 bicycles!
- For the past five years, WBR has partnered with Rebecca’s Private Idaho, and is one of three beneficiaries of the event. Rebecca and her team are incredible advocates for WBR, and they joined the #GivingTuesday excitement with RPI’s donation of $4,130!
- InGamba Tours raised an incredible $31,692 for #GivingTuesday as they edge closer to $1 million raised for WBR. The company also offered a limited-edition kit to anyone donating 10 bicycles.
- HireEducation, an ed tech recruiting firm based in Boulder, Colo., is a longtime supporter of World Bicycle Relief. In the previous two years, it has raised more than $20,000 – and will soon pass $30,000 total raised through 2017!
- Electric bike company Story Bikes’ one-for-one program donates one bicycle for every bike sold. On #GivingTuesday, Story Bikes made a generous $6,000 gift.
- The Zwift community rallied to fund 26 bicycles in support of their upcoming 24-hour Ride On for World Bicycle Relief on Dec. 2.
- For the third year in a row, Jenson USA has donated a Buffalo Bicycle for every bike they sold on Cyber Monday. With more than 35 bikes sold, they continue to be a great supporter of our #GivingTuesday efforts
Other #GivingTuesday highlights
@worldbicyclerelief is so close to the goal of 1400 bikes for #givingtuesday –like I am close to the top of this climb! Each bike is used to mobilize students, healthcare workers, and entrepreneurs and the best part is donations are matched, doubling the impact of your gift! Want to learn more or donate? Click on the link in my profile 📸 @ashleygruber — thanks again for calling my line @cegeiger 😀#powerofbicycles #jointherevolution . . .
— Boels-Dolmans (@boelsdolmansct) November 28, 2017
— QBP (@QualityBike) November 28, 2017
— BikeRadar (@bikeradar) November 28, 2017
For #GivingTuesday, here’s a shout out to great causes I believe in & support —maybe it’ll give you some ideas on how to #BeGood, give AND give back! 1) @PowerOfBicycles WBR for whom I did my #bikekili expedition — today they’re matching donations! https://t.co/mOGuI7ODNp pic.twitter.com/XVzdMIRvMH
— Rebecca Rusch (@rebeccarusch) November 28, 2017
I’m cycling 300Km in this weekend’s @PowerOfBicycles #worldbicyclerelief I’m very close to my fundraising target of €625 &l when matched 1:1 will change the lives of 10 people when they receive their buffalo bikes. Please help if you can #GivingTuesday https://t.co/suJoM2OwL8
— 🇮🇪👪💻🚵🚴🏀⚽️ (@ynneKkraM) November 28, 2017
Keep the momentum rolling! Empower even more students with The Power of Bicycles!