No matter how ambitious the goal, our dedicated community has always delivered big results on #GivingTuesday. And 2018 was no different.
In just 24 hours, you funded 1,033 bikes – and counting! – to help people GO farther, faster, safer, and stronger toward their dreams and goals. With our 1:1 match, that number will double to more than 2,000 lives changed by The Power of Bicycles!
The generosity of our supporters and partners means the world to us. Not only did you help raise funds, you also shared our message far and wide on social media.
Here are some of the many partners and individuals who are made this #GivingTuesday our best yet.
Clif Family Winery generously donated 20% of all sales on Giving Tuesday to The Power of Bicycles. Thank you, Clif!
- Jenson USA donated one Buffalo Bicycle on Giving Tuesday for every bike it sold on Cyber Monday. That’s 27 bikes for students in rural Africa! Thank you, Jenson, for your longtime support of our Giving Tuesday goals!
- For the 6th year, Rebecca Rusch included WBR as the global charity at Rebecca’s Private Idaho. We appreciate Rebecca’s continued support over the years!
- Backroads wanted to be sure to be a part of the biggest Giving Tuesday effort yet by matching more than 100 bicycle donations from clients and employees. Thank you, Backroads, for engaging your community!
- Crankbrothers donated a portion of sales to WBR for Giving Tuesday, and every purchase comes with a free water bottle!
- inGamba stepped up in a big way to highlight the power of their incredible community to come together and support World Bicycle Relief on Giving Tuesday.
- OneUp Components said, “At OneUp we believe in the power of bicycles to changes lives because they have dramatically changed ours. We are stoked to help WBR spread the love of bicycles in Africa.” Thank you, OneUp!
- Over the years, Eleven Winery has supported World Bicycle Relief by donating a portion of sales each December. This year, they’ve committed to providing more life-changing bicycles in need, and launched a fundraiser on Giving Tuesday to rally their community!
- After raising more than $175,000 for World Bicycle Relief last year, Global Cycling Network carried out its promise by sending presenter Simon Richardson on a ride across London. In a Speedo. Check out Tuesday’s episode here. Thank you, GCN, for continuing to raise awareness of World Bicycle Relief!
Thank you all for your generous support this #GivingTuesday! But our work isn’t done. Let’s keep the momentum going and give more students the power of GO.
Don’t miss your opportunity to make a lasting impact.