This April, you can experience the joys of riding every day while supporting World Bicycle Relief. How? By participating in 2018’s 30 Days of Biking challenge!
Started in Minneapolis in 2010, 30 Days of Biking a pledge to ride your bike every day in April — any distance, any destination, in any weather — and share your adventures online with the hashtag #30daysofbiking. (Don’t worry, that trainer bike counts too!)
This year, our community of joyful riders aims to reach 10,000 pledges and $30,000 raised for WBR during the month of April. Last year, more than 7,000 riders raised and pledged $15,000. Read about last year’s impact here.
We encourage people to ride their bikes every day — a truly life-changing activity — and we’ve built a community around that action. Thousands of people worldwide have been inspired by this collective goal during the month of April.
“Every day on a bike is a good day,” says 30 Days of Biking co-founder Patrick Stephenson. Check out this podcast featuring Stephenson, who shares the inspiration of 30 Days, our goals, and how bike shops and bike communities can join the fun!
Whether for exercise, environmental advocacy, socializing or just for fun, the simple goal of riding your bike every day in April and then sharing your adventures has the power to change people’s lives.
So how do you get started?
- First, make the 30 Days of Biking pledge.
- Include why you’re choosing to ride. By sharing your reason to ride, you might be inspiring someone else to join!
- Share your adventures online using #30DaysofBiking and #PowerofBicycles.
- Take your pledge even further by raising funds for life-changing bicycles for students in rural Africa. Challenge yourself to raise funds for one Buffalo Bicycle (USD$147). Every dollar counts! Any fundraiser that raises a minimum of two Buffalo Bicycles ($294) will receive a special World Bicycle Relief cycling cap! Set up your fundraising page today.
- Tell your friends! Surly Brewing (based in the U.S. and a long-time partner of 30 Days of Biking) will donate $3,000 once we reach 5,000 pledges – the more the merrier.
Need fundraising help? Discover our best fundraising advice in our fundraising toolkit.
Ready to ride with us?