Over the past several years, we’ve received requests from around the world to put together opportunities for our supporters to unite as cyclists in support of the Power of Bicycles. For this reason and more, we are excited to introduce our inaugural 2016 Ride with Us Series. As you’ll see, this series includes a variety of unique occasions throughout the year to ride alongside fellow WBR enthusiasts around the world. These experiences are each special and we hope that one (or more!) of them will inspire you to join us for a ride. Throughout the year we’ll be sharing more information with our community about these events and, right now, we’d love to introduce you to the Palmetto Experience.
During the June 10-13 weekend, we will be gathering for the Palmetto Experience in a place that fully embodies the spirit of cycling, the Hotel Domestique. Nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, the Domestique is inspired by legendary cyclist George Hincapie and draws people from around the world to experience the roads he calls home. Join a small group of World Bicycle Relief supporters as we experience these roads through the hometown lense of George. We’ll ride by day and soak in the culture by night while creating impact in World Bicycle Relief’s programs. Here’s a glimpse as to what awaits you in the inaugural Palmetto Experience:
- A four day cycling experience with routes between 20-80 miles each day. The rides will be led by George Hincapie and a host of other insiders who know the roads and the stories behind them. World-class support from SRAM NRS will accompany our group as we wind our way through this cyclist’s paradise.
- A culinary experience that combines European-feel, locally sourced ingredients and southern hospitality. All meals are included as part of this experience. Unique excursions to surrounding mountain towns so you can get to know the area like a true local.
- Powerful and thoughtful discussions around the work of World Bicycle Relief – ensuring our organization continues to create deep and immediate impact around the world.
- An opportunity to ride alongside Jered and Ashley Gruber – renowned cycling photographers. Truly priceless, we’ll give you the opportunity to bid on a day of cycling with the Grubers that will give you images to last a lifetime Û_and is bound to create impact in the field that will influence generations to come.
- A sample of the daily itinerary is:
- 7-8am European continental breakfast, fresh juices and coffee
- 9am: Ride briefing and roll out
- 1:30pm: Lunch followed by optional mountain town excursion or massage
- 4:30pm: Happy Hour and appetizers with beer/wine tastings
- 7pm: Dinner and evening entertainment