The 4th annual “Ride On for World Bicycle Relief” Zwiftathon was a big success, with Zwifters worldwide coming together for a week of miles and impact from Nov. 26-Dec. 1. We’ll let the highlights speak for themselves:
- Pros joined us from Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, the United States, Canada and more. Truly a global effort. Thank you to Jens Voigt, Laurens Ten Dam, Carlee Taylor, Hannah Barnes and many others!
- 57,783 cyclists from 224 countries rode a collective 3,417,157 miles in 6 days. Wow, sounds like a lot of sore bums!
- Antony Ribot completed 134km (representing the cost of a Buffalo bicycle in Euros) for 8 days straight and raised enough for more than 80 Buffalo Bicycles!
- Official Trainer Partner CycleOps hosted a live event from its headquarters with more than 20 riders. CEO Chris Fortune joined in on the fun too!
- Darren Holmes planned to ride 1,000km over the week, then upped it to 1,400km – raising enough for more than 30 Buffalo Bicycles!
- Countless donors, 55 fundraisers and countless $135,000 raised (and counting) from 55 fundraisers as well as countless direct donors and our amazing partners. Thank you all for believing in The Power of Bicycles.
- One rider who donated £5 stated, “Sorry it’s not a lot, but my mum always said if everyone gave a bit, it would make a lot.” We agree! Consider a small donation of any size. It all adds up!
- An incredible sea of WBR supporters in a new Zwift kit. You can get yours from official apparel partner, CUORE of Switzerland!
We are grateful for all your support, ZWIFTERS! And a huge thank you to our partners that helped back this effort. We couldn’t do it without you.
There’s still time to donate and, for a limited time, have your donation matched 1:1 by CycleOps!