5th annual Ride on for WBR a success
The 5th annual “Ride On for World Bicycle Relief” Zwiftathon was a big success, with Zwifters worldwide coming together for a day of big goals, great community and lasting impact.
Thank you for being a part of this incredible day as WBR narrowed in on 500,000 bikes during this milestone moment. We’ll let the highlights speak for themselves:
- World-record attempt achieved! Chris Hopkinson, Kurt Pauwels and Marko Baloh rode an epic 975km in 24 hours.
- Presenting partner Trek put up a USD $40,000 match that our community met and exceeded.
- Peter Galbavy at Dell Bratislava organized our first-ever live event in Slovakia.
- Official trainer partner Saris supported the event at Dell and helped sweeten the deal for fundraisers by providing some of their newest, most innovative products as prizes.
- Fundraiser Phil Clarke rode seven hours and surpassed his fundraising goal, raising more than $2,000.
- CUORE of Switzerland created a limited-edition 500,000 kit to mark this historic milestone.
- Countless donors, 50 fundraisers and $84,000 (and counting) raised from our incredible community. Thank you all for believing in The Power of Bicycles.
- One rider donated £5, stating: “Sorry it’s not a lot but my mum always said if everyone gave a bit, it would make a lot.” We agree! Consider a small donation of any size. It all adds up!
We thank you, ZWIFTERS, for helping us reach our goal of 500,000 bikes in the field!
And to our partners that helped support this effort: We couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you!